Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

set the dream on the desire

I have been thinking about how everyone, everybody, all of us here have certain things we want. A myriad of little quality things, and a few things of a large quantity. All of the things are directed towards something. Their standard base our need to feel satisfied and happy. So we greatly desire after those many things we want. If we don't get them, we feel disapointed, believing that we are being denied our happiness and hope. But really, aren't those things just a bridge we think will lead us to happy, well satisfied lives? Who says any of them will actually get us there. We don't know. We think we know, and it's good to set goals and make wishes and pray. But we are blind, and we really don't know what will lead us to our ultimate goal, which is happiness. So after we have gone after the things we want, and don't recieve them, we must realize that they aren't the best road to take. All of the road maps are in God's hands. He sees our desires to be joyous, and so he wants to provide the best pathway possible. Sometimes those roads can turn into endless journeys. We can run out of gas, and have to WALK back to the previous gas station just to fill up. Backtrack. We might crash and total and have to purchase an entirely new car. But if we trust that one true source. If the hope inside of us is pure and valuable beyond the roads and the advertising billboards, we can all reach the ONE thing we want. The one thing we seek blindly through other things. Who knew that one's wildest dreams could turn into worst nightmares? Pull over, pray, and find a different motor to get you there.
Job 3:23-26
23. Why is light given to a man whose way is hid, and whom God hath hedged in?
24. For my sighing cometh before I eat, and my roarings are poured out like the waters.
25. For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.
26. I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog!!!
    If you like, come back and visit mine: http://albumdeestampillas.blogspot.com
    Thanks, Pablo from Argentina

    ReplyDelete