Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

effectual

"Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will find them gradually, without noticing it, and live along some distant day into the answer." ~Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

I like this quote a lot, and would venture to say it is the best one I have come across. And I enjoy the fact that I already thought this exact thing in my head and in my heart...which makes me believe that there is some already existing intelligence inside of me. Which is truly cause for celebration. Because I was worrying whether there was or wasn't. I was wondering if I was crazy. I was full of wonder. I think we chastise ourselves too much. I think if the benefit is given more frequently to the doubt, and mercy given more to the problems, things wouldn't necessarily turn out better but they would be easier to endure, and if they are easier to endure, chances are higher that we will make it out alive.
JUST SAYIN'

I have a question I really want to ask this world. I have a burning question. I have a relentless curiosity towards my community and beyond. WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME??
Because if that could be more clear. I could be more clear.

1 comment:

  1. Hey.

    Just wanted to say Hi.
    Congrats on the call--you'll be about an hour away from me when you get here.
    I loved your post about Logan--and Band of Horses. That's where I fell in love with them.
    Hope all is going well at home.

    :)

    ReplyDelete