Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Our Veteran




If I were a few years behind myself, I would relish this day for 11.11.11. For Friday. For the grand re-opening of Fashion Place Mall. I would probably take no thought that it's Veteran's Day.

But today I do, because Kaleb is a Veteran. I wish I had appreciated the servicemen before I ever met him. I wish I had more remembrance, respect, and gratitude for them.

Whether we know those who have served and are serving, or whether they seem like strangers to us, let us remember their sacrifices and dedication today. Let each of us stop, whatever that may mean to you, and remember. Let us celebrate freedom and families. Let us pay respects to those who have passed in the service of their country and of their God.

I am so blessed to be with Kaleb for many different reasons. One of them is the way he has opened my heart to more patriotism. For something I may have never thought twice about. He has served this country. He has left his family, friends, and most luxuries we enjoy every day in honor of this nation.

Thank you Kaleb!! We love you.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!!! I know exactly how you feel Melissa!! I have a great deal more respect for military as well, because of Kaleb!! Thank you Kaleb!!! You are a well loved Man!

    ReplyDelete