Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

A major break.

It's interesting when you notice yourself learning lessons you didn't think you were ready for. Recently, I have been increasingly aware of the damage the internet does to me. I used to think the internet was just damaging to everyone, and I carelessely continued to click around it. At this point, it doesn't matter what it does to anyone else, because it's just not good for me. I often compare my life to the glamorized lifestyles of others by the pictures they take and the words they write. That is not cool at all. I am so very happy in my real life life with my real family and real friends that I can talk to and smile at face to face, that why would I let anything get in the way of that? I also feel that the internet promotes narcissism and bragging rights, and that is something I severely try to stay away from because it can so easily hook anyone and is the worst problem ever. Who cares?

I absolutely love to write. It is such therapy and really the only therapy for me. I ask myself though, if I love to write so much, and I want to do it for miles and ages and lightyears, then why do I just do it on my blog? This is only a place where anyone can see what I write, and in that sense I can't see it at all. I will continue to write for myself and my family, and maybe one day something I wrote will appear upon a shelf at your local store. Look for it. It will stem from the right reasons. You can get your name out there all you want, but if there is no skill to back you up it won't get you that far. I'm up for that challenge.

I am also going to strive to not use Facebook. I really don't want to use the internet at all unless I need it. I think it will help me to be healthier and happier. I quit anxiety pills, and so I know I can do anything now. I do thank anyone who has taken the time to read my blog, and I would like to give a special shout out to my 4 readers: Allie, Ella, Laura and Kevin. Thank you for your support. Much love to my #1 supporter, Kaleb. He means more to me than any of this.

Never compare yourself to others. Be happy, be healthy, be there for your families.

Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Is it ironic that I am responding to this post? :)
    I feel the same way--about all of it. Blogs are not necessarily for others to read. At least I know mine is not. Blogs are an outlet for emotions and feelings. This is your corner of the online world. Just yours.

    I write for myself. I know you do too. And I love it. And I hope you don't mind me reading your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post. thank you for sharing your blog.

    ReplyDelete