Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I ate a fig newton and I liked it.

Actually, I ate quite a few of them and liked it. But those days have passed, thankfully. Now I'm more into Honey Bunches of Oats, Jalepenos, and the spiciest Dorito flavors around. I have cried because Kaleb ate all the Doritos. I have gagged because I felt embarrassed. I have despised Subway workers for making sloppy sandwiches and been filled with red hot road rage. I have slept more than I have been awake, and watched a lot of Hey Arnold. In two weeks from today we get to find out if the little sour patch is a boy or a girl. I think it is going to be a girl. In becoming a mother I have never felt more like a baby. I am not one of the girls who loves being pregnant, but trust me I wouldn't change it for anything. It has been the hardest thing I have done so far in my life and the best. In all my sickness and staggering I have just about lost my writing competence. I listen to summer hits of the 90's on Pandora throughout major parts of my day. I can't wait to have energy to dust the house again. I am going to try to not be one of the women who is constantly rubbing her basketball belly but I make no promises. I have never experienced people looking at my boobs because I never had any, but have noticed lately women's eyes narrowing in on my stomach before ever looking me in the eye, to see if I've gotten fat yet. Just give it time everyone. Little baby will get here sometime in between Frankenchildren, full moons and witches and Turkey & gravy...when the leaves are orange and the peaches are in season. I'll get fat, tomorrow probably. Can't even wait.

1 comment: