Thursday, June 10, 2010

highway child

It was the perfect summer dusk, and the perfect summer dusk was all I could really ask for anymore. To appreciate the little things, and forget about the big things was to be happy. I swear, the little things in my life were becoming infinite, and the big things grew smaller every day.

I spent the majority of my lifetime relying on other people. Whether they were promising me I would be okay, or that I was making the right decision, or they were just there when I went to bed at night.

family bbqs
romantic date nights in
country kitchen
cooking class
cooking show

He had these green eyes that just glowed when I looked at them. Two bright green lights, telling me to go. Telling me not to look both ways before proceeding, to buzz past the crossroads in life, keep on barreling through. Kind of like the way I ran accross the highway because Zach was there wandering the sidewalk with his guitar. So very happy to see him that it wasn't even a thought... if he was happy to see me too and if there was oncoming traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment