Monday, August 30, 2021

A sharp little pin of all of the things In and out of my life In like a flash Out like a needle I practically sewed myself a new dress... But this time, I'm in my suit and tie As I salute the end of a summer That had me in the ring taking swings at me Now we're in round three A sharp little pin Forsaken, again Prodded their way in Time to digress Saw themself out Practically sewing me a new dress. But mystery is too great to fit through the eye this time my neck secures a bow-tie At the end of a summer, I turn and salute Put up my hair, button my suit wish me all the luck.... "You're glistening" you said to me as if it was the prettiest thing sweat and tears inside the ring never the essence of me The fool rushes in takes a swing to usher in the end of me Fools rush out as fast as they came While brilliantly I stand In the same pouring rain That made mud out of sand Quick, there's gold in this land. I woke up one morning, never the same And yet, I've never changed My sins of omission Traded for gold Brush me off lightly, please delicate hands are easily cold My last Ace my first warm sleeve My black dress laid for a time to rest In my field of clovers Never forget, my Sunday best was never meant to be trampled over The beauty of my suit and tie Beheld by my own eye

No comments:

Post a Comment